Monday, September 8, 2008

First Days of School

My good man Jeremy started 1st Grade two weeks ago, having to wade his way to the school entrance through a sea of his mother's tears. I went in to work late so the family could drive him over as Tara was in no state to drive. Jermaine, of course, couldn't wait to start school and was upset a few weeks ago when he mistakenly thought school started a week earlier than it did and he still had 7 more miserable days of summer. weirdo.




Abbie Leigh started pre-school last week, which broke her old man's heart. She is growing up way too fast. She's my snuggle bunny and she promised to marry me, but everday I fear that switch in her mind will finally flip and I'll just be another lame parent like her mother.


7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Pete, you crack me up and I thoroughly enjoy your writing (especially the lame parent crack), but tell Tara to post! Or maybe I should just turn this whole blogging thing over to Bud. Miss you guys so much!

pedroman said...

Indeed Tara should post and keeps threatening to do so, but she has yet to make it happen.

Brynn said...

So, did you guys get washed away?

M said...

Bear-

Your kids are too cute! Are you guys alive? Miss talking to you. Maybe we should start writing letters again like in the old days. I can start buying cute stationery again...
I miss you guys

Pete said...

Jermaine is a good psuedo name for Jeremy. Do you have anything I could use for Jeffrey or Laird?

pedroman said...

Jeffrey and Laird are tough. Jermaine works because it reduces 33% of the syallables found in Jeremy, which is huge. Ben is easy - since his brother's name is Jermaine, the obvious choice for him is Tito.

As for Jeffrey, I like Jefferson. This actually adds a syllable, which makes it sound more stately. And you can use Jefferson Starship when he's in trouble and you need to vocalize the middle name. I guess you could go with Jefferson Airplane as well, but this is 2008 afterall. Airplane is so 20th century.

Laird is a little tougher. Laramie is okay, but I might be tempted to turn Laramie into Larmaine. I say go with Lawrence, which you can shorten to Lair-Ha (spelled phonetically) - a common street name for Larry. That gives the kid immediate street cred, which is critical in these formative preschool years.

Unknown said...

he looks sweet wearing that uniform... Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step